A dental implant is a special technique that is used to restore a lost tooth and its root. It offers many advantages over a tooth replacement procedure.
Check out some of the key advantages that are associated with dental implants.
- They are helpful for preserving the natural tissue of your tooth. A dental implant does so as it avoids cutting any of the adjacent teeth for performing the conventional bridgework.
- The pressure on the remaining teeth or oral structures can be reduced by a dental implant. It does so by overdentures, bridgework and retaining the crowns, as well as, by providing independent support.
- It has been observed that adjacent teeth’s restorative intervention can be reduced by undergoing a dental implant.
- Significant reduction in bone resorption and bone preservation is possible by undergoing a dental implant. Dental implants also bring down deterioration that leads in the jawbone’s height loss.
- Dental implants also enable you with an ability to chew food in a better manner and bring high clarity in your speech. Studies have proved that overdentures are responsible for improving chewing efficiency, as well, as speaking as opposed to full dentures.
- Replacement of loosely fitted dentures can be done for improving retention support and stability of overdentures.
- Your facial contours can be improved or controlled through overdentures that lead to reducing premature wrinkles.