Cosmetic dentists are different from your regular dentists. While the latter focuses on your oral health, cosmetic dentistry treats your teeth in such a way that they look aesthetically appealing. These days a lot of people from Cary and Apex, North Carolina, are going to cosmetic dentists to improve the outward appearance of their teeth and to enhance their smiles. So what are the treatments that are made available through cosmetic dentistry?
- Teeth whitening: It is a relatively inexpensive procedure that can be performed by a dentist or by yourself at home. There are several products in the market that whiten your teeth.
- Contouring and reshaping teeth: This is for people with misshapen teeth. The dentists use a tool or a laser to shape the teeth.
- Fillings: Fillings these days are not as unsightly as they were before. The fillings that cosmetic dentists currently use are tooth colored and barely visible.
- Orthodontic aligners: These days people use clear orthodontic aligners instead of metal braces to correct the alignment of their teeth in the upper and/or lower jaw.
- Porcelain crowns: When a tooth is heavily damaged, cosmetic dentists place porcelain crowns on them so that they look perfect. It doesn’t look any different from your other teeth.